- MPD said there was a “potential emerging pattern” after a second transgendered person was shot. The first victim, Myles LaShay McLean, died. No arrests have been announced in that case.
- William Faison was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder of in connection with the shooting death of Jeffrey Yarnell Covington on July 2.
- In the District’s first homicide since July 20, 24 year-old Marcellus Terrell Bailey was fatally stabbed this week. No arrests have been announced.
- Marc Terrence Tapp was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder while armed in the fatal shooting of 19-year-old Jermaine Anderson in May.
- An early morning shooting Friday killed 28 year-old Christopher Emanuel Freeman of Southeast, DC. No arrests have been announced in the case.
- Deandre Rogers and Deon T. Jenkins were convicted in the 2008 murder of William Foster.
- Judge William Jackson ruled Friday that there was enough evidence to try two men accused of engaging in urban warfare following the Caribbean Festival in Northwest DC in June.
- Anthony Anderson was sentenced to three and a half years in prison after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of 48-year-old Tyrone Smith last June in Petworth.
- A shooting Saturday morning in Northeast DC killed 48-year-old Howard Harold Williams. Lester James Wright, 21, has been arrested in connection with the case.