Rockwell John Flint, Injured in Adams Morgan Bar Fight Last Month, Dies of Injuries

One of the men involved in an Adams Morgan bar fight has died of his injuries and police now say the case is now being considered a homicide.

MPD said Saturday afternoon that the man, 45-year-old Rockwell John Flint of Northwest, DC, died Friday, about three weeks after being injured.

WJLA reports that Flint was the “Good Samaritan” who was injured while trying to subdue an unruly and violent bar patron.

Reports WJLA:

The fight broke out in the Rendezvous Lounge on 18th Street NW just before 2 a.m. Sources tell ABC7 that a man hit a customer over the head with a drinking glass and then picked up a bar stool and started waving it around. They also say the customers grabbed him and were trying to escort him outside, but somewhere in the struggle, something went horribly wrong.

Reports NBC Washington:

A police report says Flint and Woods grappled at the top of the stairs, when both men fell. Flint, a member of a local band and substitute teacher, was rushed to the hospital with a broken neck, a fractured skull and a brain hemorrhage. Both men are listed in critical condition.

Woods has been charged with assault with a dangerous weapon.

A press release from MPD is below.

September 21, 2013

Assault That Occurred at Rendezvous Lounge Now a Homicide: 2200 Block of 18th Street, NW

(Washington, DC)- The Metropolitan Police Department has announced an assault that occurred on Friday, August 30, 2013, at approximately 1:56 am at the Rendezvous Lounge in the 2200 block of 18th Street, Northwest, is now ruled a homicide.

On Friday, August 30, 2013, at approximately 1:56 am, Third District units responded to the 2200 block of 18th Street, Northwest, to investigate a report of an aggravated assault. Upon arrival on the scene, members located two adult males lying at the bottom of the stairs of the establishment. One male was unconscious and unresponsive and bleeding from the head and the other male was semi-conscious and was suffering from head injuries. DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services personnel transported both males to a local hospital where they were both admitted for treatment in critical condition.

On Friday, September 20, 2013, 45 year-old Rockwell John Flint of Northwest, DC succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead. His remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner where an autopsy was performed. The cause of death was ruled as multiple blunt impact injuries and the manner of death was ruled a homicide.

This case is being investigated by members of the Homicide Branch.

The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone that provides information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons wanted for any homicide committed in the District of Columbia. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the police at (202) 727-9099. Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.

blog comments powered by Disqus