Nine people died in DC homicides this week.
- Calvin Short died Sunday afternoon after he was found shot in the 400 block of Florida Avenue Northeast at approximately 3:30 a.m. No suspects have been arrested in connection with his death.
- A shooting in the 1300 block of Alabama Avenue, Southeast killed 18-year-old Marquette Hooks and injured another man on Sunday evening, according to MPD. Both men were taken to a local hospital; Hooks later died from his injuries.
- Jonathon Adams was found stabbed in the 4300 block of Halley Terrace, Southeast around 5 p.m. on Thursday. He was taken to a local hospital where he died later that day. On Friday, Jibril Abdul-Muwwakil was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder while armed in connection with the case.
- Tykia Dickerson was found less than 4 hours after Adams, shot in the 3600 block of Jay Street, Northeast.
- Brothers Khalid Jamal Bryant, 34, and Jason Emmanuel Bryant, 26. were fatally shot outside a church in Northeast DC, about a mile and a half from where Dickerson was killed.
- Billy Andre Harris was found fatally shot at about 3 a.m. Saturday in the 4800 block of 9th St Northwest.
- Police found 46-year-old Andre McIntyre of Northwest DC suffering from head trauma just after midnight Saturday morning. He died at a local hospital.
- The death of Earnest Jerome McWilliams, 33, was declared a homicide after he died February 22. McWilliams was found shot at about 2 a.m. on January 21 in the 4500 block of Benning Road.
Lamonte Hill pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in connection with the June 2012 stabbing and shooting death of Brian Bloomfield. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors dropped initial charges of second-degree murder while armed and a related weapons offense.
Sosefina Amoa pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in connection with the death of her newborn child.