Witness to Defense Attorney: “I saw your client walk up and shoot Sandy”

On the witness stand, Misty Gibson reluctantly told jurors that on April 30, 2012, she witnessed Andre Miles shoot Sandy Green III at point-blank range.

I seen Mr. Green get shot,” Gibson testified. While driving, she saw two individuals with Green named “Blood” and “Fat back.” “They were walking on the street and they were all together,” Gibson said. She told jurors that she then saw someone approach Green and fire a gun at him.

The shooter,” she said, was Andre Miles, whom she referenced as “the light-skinned man sitting with defense.”

Gibson appeared in court Monday and agreed to testify after refusing to take the stand for two weeks. A judge issued a bench warrant last week when Gibson failed to appear in court.

Miles is charged with first-degree murder and other weapons offenses linked to Green’s death.

Prosecutors believe that Miles killed Green because of an argument over girlfriends and a shared living space.

Green was found suffering from two gunshot wounds to the back in the 2200 block of Savannah Street Southeast.

During cross examination, defense attorney Billy Ponds asked Gibson about the location of which the shooter approached Green.

Gibson replied: “I don’t know.”

Ponds continued to ask if the shooter came up behind Green or to the side of Green.

If you’re asking me if I saw your client walk up to Green, then yes, I saw your client walk up and shoot Sandy, whether it was front, back, or side,” Gibson yelled, visibly frustrated. “I don’t know, but I saw him shoot Green.”

Ponds then asked Gibson about going through Green’s pockets after he was shot.

You making it seem like I’m trying to rob this man,” Gibson said. “I’m the one who sat there and tried to save that man’s life.” She added that she only wanted to give the mother of Green’s child his property.

Miles’ defense attorney pointed out to Gibson that she initially lied to police and asked if she knew anything about a monetary award of $25,000 for information on the homicide

Gibson told the jurors: “I don’t want no damn reward.”

Miles’ trial will resume tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. in courtroom 302.

blog comments powered by Disqus